Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Finds - Skinny Love

I've been on the hunt for a great, flattering pair of skinny jeans now for almost a year. I tried to avoid the trend for as long as possible, I was convinced it wasn't going to stick around plus...frankly....I'm a woman. I gots me some womanly curves and some not so super skinny thighs. To be honest, I was completely petrified of what trying skinny jeans on might do to my self esteem. I just envisioned gathering the nerve to take a pair into a dressing room and then having them get stuck with the waistband around my knees. Bikini season is bad enough thank-you-very-much. 

So....I'm almost afraid to say this in a public forum, but I'll do it anyway....I'm a dedicated shopper of the Target clothing department. I love that place. Granted...pretty much 100% of everything they sell there is made in China, but honestly, I don't make a lot of money, nor do I want to spend a lot of money on trends that are going to go out of style in a few months, but at the same time, I still want to look and feel hip and put together. I was strolling through the clothing department last week looking for black clothing to wear this weekend (long story involving a bachelorette party) and literally tripped over a pair of black, skinny jeans from Mossimo on the floor. 



I figured it was fate. That these jeans had literally been dropped in my path and so I had to try them on.

LOVE. So in love with these jeans. Bought them in black and in a dark wash with some silver studding. 



I wore them this weekend with both heels AND with flats and they were awesome both ways. The best part....they're $25. I'm. Not. Kidding. I'm so enamoured by these jeans, I might go back and buy the gray wash pair they have as well. 



The only thing missing now is the fall weather for me to wear the stitching out of these babies! But for now, I may have to suffer through the heat and wear them anyway!

Have a great weekend ya'll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment