Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Trend Tuesday - Act Like a Girl, Fight Like a Girl, Dress Like a Girl

I don't know about the rest of you, but today is really feeling like fall for me. Kiddos are back in school. The weather is iffy. Makes me want to go rake leaves (something I've never done), and eat a freshly picked apple (I don't even like apples). 

But since I'm feeling like it's fall....I'm going to talk about a fall trend I'm seeing in a lot of the fashion mags this month...frilly, lady like styles with just a touch of coy and sexy. I'm definitely not what you would describe as "girly" or "frilly" but if I was...here's a few things I would be in my closet in a heartbeat!
I'm in love the flowy, bubbly shape of The Ellipsis Dress from ModCloth. With just a touch of retro, it's an updated, 1950's debutant look that I just adore. 

Frankly, the idea of an actual corset just scares the living daylights out of me....but I think I could possibly manage to face my fears with these corset inspired tops from Anthropologie...


And my personal favorite...

I'm one of those very unfortunate, short-waisted women who has a VERY hard time finding any sort of dress or top that flatters my natural waist instead of accentuating the fact that I really don't have one. Lucky for me, girly fall fashions are all about faking an hourglass shape with waist cinching styles...

Traced Twirls Dress from Anthropologie $158
The Marion Dress from ModCloth $54.99

The color of this Betsey Johnson dress is a bit much for me, but I love the contrasting black band which breaks up the bubble gum pinkness AND creates a waistline...


Evening Sweet Caroline Strapless Dress from Betsey Johnson $425

Delmy Zip Vest from J.Crew $128 
And my absolutely personal favorite..... 
Reina de la Fiesta from ModCloth $89.99

And of course...what better way to dress up something simple than with a few well placed, girly accessories...
Unicorn Princess Heels from ModCloth $119.99

 
The Antique Mall Necklace from ModCloth $23.99 



Docile Bloom Bracelet from Anthropologie $30


Happy Shopping Everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment